Speaking with a
car accident lawyer in Cleveland is a good way to better understand the difference
between underinsured and uninsured insurance coverage. In cases in which
the other driver has no or lacking insurance, these types of coverage
may help cover any damages you incur in the auto accident.

There are a lot of things to be concerned about after you have been injured
in an accident. One concern is what type of insurance the other driver
carries, and whether he or she has coverage at all.

Despite insurance being mandatory, not all drivers carry it. There are
also cases of hit and run accidents where one of the drivers leaves the
scene of the accident and may be difficult, or impossible, to locate.

In situations such as these, uninsured motorist coverage can help. It will
provide compensation, even if the other driver carries no coverage at
all. The amount available will depend on your policy limits.

In some cases, even if the other driver does have insurance, it may not
be enough to cover all of your damages. Between medical expenses and lost
wages, you could find yourself in a deep financial hole.

Underinsured motorist coverage can help in this situation. Let’s
say the other driver only has $10,000 in coverage but your damages amount
to $25,000. If you carry at least $15,000 of underinsured motorist coverage,
the gap would be closed.

Seeking Help from Car Accident Lawyer in Cleveland

You never know what type of situation you will find yourself in after an
auto accident. Not only could you be dealing with healing and recovery,
you may be wondering how you will take care of your medical bills and
other losses.

To learn what legal options may be available,
contact Mellino Law Firm today for a free consultation at (440) 333-3800.