In order to prevent the physical and psychological consequences of a medical error and filing a medical malpractice claim, it’s important to take your time when choosing a physician.
Ensure your health is in competent hands by following these tips from an Ohio medical malpractice attorney:
- Decide what type of doctor you need. Is it a primary care doctor? A specialist? An obstetrician? Determine what type of doctor best fits your needs.
- Check your insurance list. You want to choose a doctor who your insurance covers. This keeps medical costs down and ensures that you are using a recommended provider.
- Check the Administrators in Medicine database to see if any cases have been filed against the doctor.
- Check credentials. Where did the doctor go to school? Where did he or she spend residency? How many years of experience does the doctor have?
- Research the practice’s network. If necessary, what hospital would the doctor send you to? Is it close enough to get to in an emergency?
- Find out how the practice communicates. Are they easy to get in touch with? Are they available after hours? Does the office staff communicate well and courteously?
Help From an Ohio Medical Malpractice Attorney
Following these quick tips can help ensure that you’re getting the best medical care possible and prevent the need to file a medical malpractice claim. But if you’ve been the victim of malpractice, contact an Ohio medical malpractice attorney at the Mellino Law Firm immediately at (440) 333-3800 to discuss your case.