Prescription drugs have helped millions of people recover from illnesses
and infections, but
medication mistakes are increasingly common in
medical malpractice claims. The following tips may prevent you from falling victim.
- To avoid a bad interaction, talk to your doctor about all the medications,
vitamins, and supplements you take each day.
- Make sure you understand all potential side effects. Know what’s
normal and abnormal when it comes to the medication.
- Ask if you should take the drug on an empty stomach, with milk, or if you
should avoid any foods while taking it.
- How long it will take for the medicine to start working and how long you
should take it.
- Read the prescription. Yes, doctors are reputed to have bad handwriting,
but if you can’t read what it says, your pharmacist may not be able
to read it either.
These suggestions and communication with your doctor can help prevent
medication mistakes, but prescription drugs can still cause injury or
death. If you have questions about an adverse reaction or drug overdose, attorney
Chris Mellino welcomes you to
contact our Cleveland office for a free consultation.